All right, so I admit that I am not being original in the least here, and am stealing Emily and Natalie’s ideas from their blogs, but I don’t want to be left out of the fun of sharing OUR “how we ended up where we are now” stories, and since I just realized that today is actually the four year anniversary of when I met Nathan, I just couldn’t pass up the opportunity!
It was the summer of 2004, and I was living at home in Idaho Falls for the summer, but staying plenty busy before my last year of college, since I was commuting up to Rexburg three days a week for my internship working with emotionally disturbed children, and also working at Little People’s Academy (ie: daycare) in Idaho Falls. My friends/roommates Sarah and Kelly were going to school during the summer though, so they were up in Rexburg and were living in Carriage House. After the first month of being home I decided that I was a total loser with no life, since I had very few friends from high school still around, and there was no singles ward in my stake at the time, so no real opportunity to meet people and actually have a life! I must admit though, having my own room and bathroom, and being able to have my kitty Macie living with me again did help ease some of my self proclaimed pity.
Sarah and Kelly and I stayed in close contact and they would tell me about their classes and everything else, including this guy that was in their ward who ended up being their FHE brother. They told me that he was way hot, he was an EFY counselor at BYU-Idaho for the summer, and oh, he’s a pilot too and took us flying last night! My exact thoughts were, “Oh!! Some people in this world get all the luck! No fair!” Was I jealous? To the Nth degree, you bet I was! Especially when they informed me that they had other plans with this hottie, that included going to Monkey Rock and playing in the water, and going to the theater to the new Harry Potter movie.
Well, things on the homefront were looking up for me, since I got involved with Institute, made some new friends, kept super busy with my kindergarten afternoon class (which soon switched to toddlers, as they needed me up there), as well as my internship (which I was NOT a fan of, and was so happy when it was done). Oh, and I was working on my ‘good friend’ Ryan’s mission scrapbook while he was on his mission. He was scheduled to get home Monday August 16, 2004. The weekend just before that, Sarah and Kelly invited me up to come have a girls weekend with them, and it was such a blast. We went out to dinner and a movie, and ended up at Sarah’s brother’s house, where I continued to work on and finished Ryan’s scrapbook.
The next day was Sunday, and after church Sarah and Kelly and their roommates decided to make a big dinner and invite boys over (what girls apartment doesn’t do that on Sundays up at BYU-Idaho)? They decided to invite their FHE brothers, and I was so excited that I was finally going to meet “the hottie” that I had heard SO much about. Mind you, my brother and I grew up getting excited to meet Jay Hildbrandt, the local news guy, so I am easily excited, LOL! They said they would come, and at said time, they did….all except Mr. Hottie. I was rather disappointed, to say the least. But a few minutes later, the door was still open and their was a knock at it, and someone whispered that that was him. I looked over and it was like in the movies, what with a gorgeous figure standing in the doorway with the sunlight behind him. I could easily see why Sarah and Kelly were so smitten with him (and why they assured me that he wouldn’t be single for long). He was even better than I’d expected!
He walked in and Sarah introduced him to me, and he didn’t even glance over at me. He got his food, sat down on the floor and ate it hurriedly, offering no conversation or even a smile or any hint of personality for that matter, and left shortly thereafter.
I concluded that while he may be the most attractive guy on the planet, it was just a pity that God had spent all His energies on this guy’s looks and given him not a drop of personality. Oh, and the next night, Ryan came home from his mission. And the rest my friends? You’ll have to wait till the next installment (provided anyone actually enjoys reading them, though I will probably still end up posting the next installments so that I have it done for my own personal history!)
5 comments:
I don't mind at all that you copied the idea. I love reading your story and can't wait for more! It's funny, even though you've been in the family a few years there's still a lot of stories I don't know. Although, it's wierd to hear my brother described as a "hottie." The last description is more the Nathan I know :) Of course, that was before you go ahold of him! Love ya Nathan :)
hmm...I'm not sure I like you telling everyone I though Nathan was a hottie ;)
haha I'm in suspense- please finish the story!!!
I think these stories are a lot of fun to read. I can't wait for the rest!
oh, please tell me the rest of the story...I am dying to know when he finally decided to show some personality and where in the world was he going in such a hurry.
you are a great writer by the way..I enjoyed reading your post!
Post a Comment