Monday, May 18, 2009

Photo-journaling

When Nathan's sister Emily came to visit, we went and got our hair cut by her sister-in-law, Heather. This isn't the greatest picture of my hair, but it gives you an idea. :-) I am liking it short and stacked! Then again, I think I get this exact haircut or a close variation everytime I get my hair cut these days! Anyway, I am happy to have found someone to cut my hair up here! Every girl needs a good beautician!



Now you can get your Preston-fix for the day. I thought these pictures were too cute to keep to myself...plus you can see how much he is growing! We love chunky babies in our family!



I saw this outfit and CostCo and couldn't pass it up....I think clothes for my kids are definitely my weak spot. Nathan's comment when I showed him? "I thought the reason we were happy to have another boy is so we DIDN'T have to go out and buy all new clothes!" Well...yes. However, due to the fact that Preston and Tanner are hitting all the same sizes at the same time (age wise), and since they were born in opposite seasons, we have had to invest in a few new 'duds for the lil guy.




So...
Once upon a time--about 15 years ago--my mom and my brothers and I went to a family reunion down in So. Cali. People got the biggest kick out of my little brother Daniel's choice of clothes, since he'd wear socks pulled all the way up to his knees, and then he'd have shorts on. You could see about an inch of skin in between, but that was it. My cousin John finally asked him why he pulled his socks up to his knees. Daniel's response? "Because they don't go any higher!!!"
The end.

And, then, along came Daniel's nephew, Tanner, Mark:



Some pictures from Emily's visit. Tanner and Madelyn had a lot of fun together! I figured ya'll might like a quick peek at our living room/entry way/etc. My mom made the amazing curtains you can see in the background. I love them!!


Tanner pushing Madelyn on the tricycle. Apparently Miss Madelyn commands all handsome young 3 year old boys to push her, seeing as how this obviously does not excite her, judging by the expression on her face. :-)



My two cute boys! I tried for 20 minutes to get a cute pic of Pres in this outfit so that I could have Nathan pass it along to SkyWest, since they sent Pres the shirt when he was born. I was not successful in getting a single pic of him smiling, and thus, did not have any pics for Nathan to pass along. Oh well. Preston really DOES have SUCH a cute smile and laugh. If you want to see them, you'll have to come visit us, since he refuses to do either for the camera.


8 comments:

Em and Ms said...

Cute pictures! That story about your brother and the socks is so funny--especially now that Tanner is repeating history :) Obviously Madelyn isn't too good about smiling for the camera either. I agree with the splurging on kids clothes. Sometimes you just can't resist!

Steve and Allison said...

it's great to see your house! i wish we had one but steve is going to finish school here and then maybe we can do a house. your boys are growing so fast. i just cut my hair almost exactly like yours! lol. i was like 'great minds think alike!"

Amy said...

Cute! The socks story is hilarious! We'll not talk about how I dressed in school...

Audra said...

I swear I left a comment. Did you delete it?

Sandy Jean n Will Demar said...

Go eat some butter. In your haircut pictures your collar bones are showing. Obviously you aren't eating enough.
Love,
Your kind brother

Rachel said...

Cute haircut!
Any plans to come to Utah this summer? We are still planning on the Taylor BBQ and totally want you and your family there... I want to hold that little boy!!

Nat said...

Awww...
What cute little guys!

The Christensens said...

Love, love the hair. It is super cute on you and perfect for summer! Tanner and Preston are growing up so fast!!!