I found this half-written post from last year, and I have no idea where I was going with it.....so I'm just going to go ahead and post it.....LOL!!
So, Christmas 2011 didn't quite follow the mental blueprint I had in my mind when I thought about how it was going to go. But....I am happy to say that it was **AWESOME!!** I got an early Christmas gift courtesy of SkyWest Airlines. You see, sometimes being married to a pilot sucks. Husband gone at nights, a paycheck that is comparable to what most people make before going to college, have to rely on stand-by flights if you want to travel, etc etc. But sometimes being married to a pilot is the best thing ever. Like when your pilot husband gets displaced. For 2 weeks in a row. Quick definition for those of you not in the-know: Displaced is when you get pulled off of your scheduled trip so that some newbie can fly in your place, all the while you are still getting paid to do the job that you aren't actually at. In other words, getting paid to stay home. Or, getting paid for one trip so that you can pick up ANOTHER trip and get paid for it too. Yeah, Nathan got displaced for several weeks in December, so this was a definite plus financially, and sanity-wise, it was nice there too.
Anyway, about Christmas. Our microwave died. We bought a new one. It was expensive. Nathan's brothers Darrin and Derrick helped install it though, which was nice. Plus, Darrin gets the military discount at Lowe's, so that was nice too. :-) I still giggle a little when I think about how Tanner and Preston would tell people about their Christmas, and it included the microwave breaking and getting a new one.
Nathan's brother Darrin, his wife Connie, their son Matthew (9) and their dogs Jazzy (Yorkie) and Max (golden lab) drove to Pasco all the way from San Antonio, TX! We had a lot of fun with them, and I am afraid I have falled madly in love with another man. Err, dog. Max is so awesome. Love him. LOVE HIM. And I am not a dog person--so that should tell you something.
No comments:
Post a Comment