Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Back in the swing of things

Hello all! I have talked to many of you lately who have commented on the blog, so I am happy to hear that all my hard work is not for naught. :-) Well we are now living in our new place in Tacoma, Washington on the other side of the Tacoma Narrows bridge from where we used to be. Last week was crazy and so hectic, because I was getting everything in order to move. Then on Monday I received a phone call from my mother (after the phone call from Sarah during which Tanner threw up in his walker) telling me that my dad's father had passed away. Nathan and I decided that it would be best if I went to Utah to be with my family for the weekend and attend the funeral, which I did (along with Tanner). Everything went well, and I even ended up giving the eulogy/life sketch--which my father wrote. I had a wonderful time with my cousin Whitney, and I enjoyed seeing my family on my father's side who I have not seen in an extremely long time. When I came back on Sunday afternoon I came home to our new apartment, which we are still working on unpacking.

Nathan is getting close to being eligible to apply for SkyWest! Only about 50 more hours of flight time, and a week long class in Jacksonville, FL. It is crazy that he is so close to possibly being a "real pilot" as some (very naive) people keep putting it. When he gets hired it will inevitably mean another move, but this next move will hopefully be a lot more permanent. The next place we live will be our sixth place we've lived since we got married not even 18 months ago.

For any of you who are interested, here is the link to my Grandpa Taylor's obituary: http://www.legacy.com/DeseretNews/Obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonID=86127985

No comments: