Today has been super super busy, but it's been fun. My brother in law Derrick was here with me for a few hours, and it was great to spend some time with him before he goes into the MTC...tomorrow! Nathan's parents are down for that and some other things, so it is fun seeing them and chatting with them.
Managing these properties is definitely a full time job sometimes, and I feel like an object lesson I once had in church. A teacher wanted one of us to catch a marshmallow, and she threw one of us like 6 at once, and none were caught. Some days I feel like I'm trying to "catch a marshmallow," and remember/understand part of the training for this job, since so much is being handed to me at once! It is good though, and it gets me out of bed every morning a whole lot earlier than I would get up otherwise, since I have to vacuum the pool!
It is still hot, hot, hot and I am so glad we have air conditioning! It is absolutely wonderful!
2 comments:
I love the marshmallow analogy! Isn't life like that at all different times in our lives?
Hi Bonnie! Where do you live in UT? Do you know how long you will be there? Alex and I moved to a two bedroom apartment. Yahoo! Our first two bedroom. It has been 90-95 degrees here, you are lucky you have AC now and a pool to swim in. I hope you are enjoying your summer. Happy Belated Birthday to Tanner!
Post a Comment