Thursday, December 06, 2007

Festival of Trees

We decided to go to the Festival of Trees last weekend up in Salt Lake, so I checked online for the times and the address. Not one but two different websites told me that the address for it was at 100 N. Medical Way up in Salt Lake....which I thought was odd since it was held at the SouthTowne expo center, and the SouthTowne Mall is off of 9400S. in Sandy. Nevertheless, we drove up to the address we had gotten online and we ended up at Primary Childrens Medical Center--the beneficiary of the Festival of Trees but definitely not where the Festival of Trees was being held. Grrr! We ended up going to Kathleen and Peter's house, where we enjoyed some popcorn and had a nice time visiting. Oh and we also got directions to the SouthTowne Expo Center.

Saturday night we tried going to the Festival of Trees again...and just prayed that Nathan wouldn't get called to work, since he was on reserve (aka "on call") that day. We found the place without any problems, though finding a parking spot was a different story. Once inside, we were definitely overwhelmed by how many trees surrounded us. There were over 700 different full-size trees, and tons more miniature trees. We made it through maybe 1/4 to 1/3 of the full size trees. Tanner just doesn't appreciate gorgeously decorated Christmas trees. We also enjoyed some delicious scones (Tanner refused to eat any so we GRUDGINGLY ate his). We watched a few of the performances, my favorite being the Clogging Grandmothers. Anyway, it was a fun evening. Here are some pictures from our outing:



I thought these stockings were just darling!

Doesn't Tanner just look ecstatic to be here?

Our cute little family in front of a cute little Christmas display. Awwww. How cute.

3 comments:

Em and Ms said...

I have never heard of this before. It looks like a lot of fun!

Cami said...

that's awesome! hey have you tried the pumpkin bread recipe?

Nathan and Bonnie said...

No not yet-but I sure need to. I have nor forgotten about sending you the mac n cheese recipe either. (sigh) but our angel child did something to totally screw up our printer so I will have to use my work one to copy the recipe for you. It will get done sometime....I promise!