Well I have two bits of good news that I hope my fellow bloggers will get excited for. Or at least act interested in. :-) We are getting wireless internet in January 2008!! Which means I can blog without it being an all-day project. And....we got a new digital camera for Christmas! Which means I can blog AND add pictures AND the pictures will look pretty good! I for one am excited about this.
Our Christmas was.....about like the rest of our holidays this year, meaning, not without a catch! This time the 'catch' was the beloved stomach flu!!! Tanner woke up with it Sunday morning (and as of the current time on Wedneday night he's still got it), and Nathan and I woke up Christmas morning with it. YUCKY!!! We finally started opening gifts around 11am, but after 45 minutes or so we felt so sick and tired that we had to take a break and go visit the potty/lay down/etc. I am so excited for 2008!!!! I just know it will have great and wonderful and healthy things in store for us more-so than 2007! Such as.....a trip to Seattle! We hope all of you had good Christmases.....although if it was too terribly wonderful perhaps you'd best keep it to yourselves and not gloat so much as to make us feel pitiful since we are so very aware that we had a less-than-glorious Christmas. HOWEVER lest I revel in our misery too much, it need be said that my dear husband was home the entire day! He did not get called into work so that meant he was here for a holiday. What a blessed event.
Today we hit the after-Christmas sales. Kind of. All the good stuff was so picked over we soon discovered. Last year we were still finding great after-Christmas stuff 2-5 days after Christmas! Which brings me to our latest "list," it beings "reasons to move back to the NorthWest:"
1. My hair cooperated much better there than it does here.
2. Our skin was supple and moist.
2a. At times we consider risking our "sanitzation" by wanting to wash our hands less since it dries them out they resemble old mud: dry and cracked. very cracked.
3. Mormons are a novelty and occasionally you'll even get an, "I have never met a Mormon before, glory be!"
4. The drivers there.....are good at driving! I told Nathan I am very much considering switching my political views after seeing how the majority of Utahns drive.
5. Sale and clearance items were still available more than 5 hours after the sale began.
6. Did I mention the drivers there as opposed to here?
7. I have decided I'm more into 'green' than 'brown'
OK well that is as much as I can come up with for now. There are things I am learning to like, or at least tolerate about Utah--like the BYU fans. But enough blogging for now. I'm afraid I've probably already said too much for the time being, and should go fold some laundry. With the stomach bug rampant in our household our washer and dryer have not sat idle these past few days. And how thankful I am to having them and the dishwasher working and no pool to take care of--like I did last summer!
3 comments:
lol- you are so funny! I'm glad you had a good Christmas. I'm looking forward to more pics on your blog!
I am sorry your Christmas wasn't the best. Is the stomach flu gone now? It would be terrible to be sick for New Year's, too! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Have you heard we are moving to Seattle (Lynnwood)? We will see you when you come!!
Bonnie reading that list made me laugh...that is such a Bonnie thing!
Oh and make sure to hit Sam's Club up next year after Christmas, well I guess this year now. They had the majority of their Christmas stuff for $1.81. It was fantastic!
Post a Comment