Sunday, March 09, 2008

Update

First of all, a big thanks to Audra, the lone person who commented on my previous post. I was beginning to wonder if anyone read my blog anymore...or cared that I was half dead!

Anyway, comments or not, I will graciously bring you all up to speed on the Hall household. So my fever and flu symptoms settled down by Thursday night, but come Friday morning I was postive I had strep throat (again). After bawling to my dear mother at 7:30am, she convinced me that I didn't have strep, didn't need to go to the doctor, just needed saline spray. And, she was right! I decided this morning that when Daniel leaves home, my mother needs to go back to school for a nursing degree. She knows how to handle practically anything and is one of the few people I know who isn't fazed by anything. Including any bodily fluids. Anyway, Friday we will skip a lot of details and just saw work went really bad. 'Nuff said. That night Nathan's parents came into town, and what a relief it was. Nathan and I have been on pins and needles over a lot of health/work things, and Tanner finally had people who could give him their undivided attention and just get down and laugh with him. And boy did he relish every minute of it!

Saturday was Grandpa Hall's 90th birthday down in Huntington, UT. I've said it once and I'll say it again: Huntington is the STARK opposite of Portland and I could NEVER live there. It takes a special kind of person to live down there and well, frankly I am just not that special. Anyway, as sick as I was, I still went and had a really fun time talking to people. However, as we were heading out, my right eye started doing funny things and rather than give you all the yucky snotty details, I'll just skip to today. Went to the doctor and was diagnosed with pinkeye! Never had it before but guess I have now! Get this: because he prescribed me eye drops with sterioids in them (I guess the normal pinkeye drops don't have steroids), they were SEVENTY DOLLARS! Oh bother. The narcotic painkiller I got was TWO dollars. I think it's funny that all three times I've asked a doctor for a narcotic, they just give it to me, no questions asked. Do I really look that innocent? :-)

OK well, now you can all rest assured that I am still alive. My house is a disaster and now needs to be Lysol-ed everywhere to try and keep my boys from getting the flu and/or pinkeye, but other than that, we are doing okay. Nathan has been home all weekend, and it has been absolutely wonderful!

10 comments:

Em and Ms said...

I care! I just didn't see your post until today :) I'm so sorry you've been so sick. It's been a rough winter for you guys. Hopefully it all clears up soon. Good luck with the cleaning. At least you got it clean before you got sick. Speaking of, our place is a wreck!

Natalie Monk said...

I care too! I just suck at leaving posts! I will try to be better! I hope you get feeling better that your boys don't get the sickness of death! I miss you guys like crazy! I think I'm coming down for my mission reunion conference weekend! If I do, I'll have to watch Tanner so you and Nathan can catch a session of Conference up in Salt Lake! Love ya!! :)

Whitney said...

Sorry sista! This is the first time I'm seeing the last post to! I'm glad to hear you are alive and well.
When Jeannine had the flu a few weeks ago she got pink eye to! Its kinds cool how goopy your eye gets...I for some reason get enjoyment out of that kind of stuff :)

Nat said...

I am flattered you think people who live down here are special! I hope you get feeling better, pink eye is nasty and spreads fast.

D n Connie H said...

I care too! I just am not great at leaving posts, somehow it says to me that I am putting my thoughts out there in lala land,,,, so i email instead! which I did.....
keep it all clean and it should be good, It is the same bug I got and it will pass.

Audra said...

Well when you complain everyone jumps up and let you know that they care, when I complain, people ignore me! I am glad that you are feeling better, could you come and clean up my place too?

Sarah said...

Pink eye stinks...it should pass fast though...mine always has. I comment on your page all the time. I just chose not to comment on that one because YOU NEVER EMAIL ME BACK!! jk Well, I was thinking today that if Tom and I can get conference tickets we will come up conference weekend. If you know anyone who can get us in, let me know! Then you can get your clothes fast and I won't have to ship them. Ok, this is way to long for a comment. Love ya!

Anna said...

I read all your blog entries too! I just am not good at always commenting. I am sorry you were so sick. I never realized how tough it would be to be sick and be a mom. There have been days when I haven't felt completely myself, but you still get up and have to be a mom. I do love it though. I am glad that you are doing well. Hooray for spring and less sickness!

Cami said...

i love you and i'm thinking about you! love, cami

Nat said...

P.S. I tagged you. Now you have to update your Blog!!