Sunday, March 29, 2009

Life on the Homefront

I have stayed plenty busy this week, yet have little to blog about. Hence, new blog posts are pretty much M.I.A. The two projects that I/we are tackling are:
Actually getting Preston on a schedule(so that there are actual "nap times" and such)
-AND-

Potty training Tanner.

I think I could end this post here and you would be completely filled in on our week!

After a week of working on both, here are the stats on our progress:

Preston: we have yet to determine scheduled nap times for him. We're trying a loose interpretation of the BabyWise schedule,and it's working pretty well. There is a section in the book on training your baby to be laid down awake, and then to put himself to sleep. The book warns of lots of crying and gut wrenching screams, but much to my surprise, Preston has aced this one from the beginning of trying this technique! He takes after his dad in the sense that, when he's tired, he wants to be in bed, where he will fall asleep within moments of hitting the pillow. In church today, I wrapped him up and laid him in his carseat, and within moments he was asleep. He is turning out to be my little angel baby! Picky, yes, but angel nonetheless!

Tanner: he took to peeing in the toilet like a duck to water. Basically, we put underwear on him, led him to the potty, told him to "go," and he did. So....no accidents? Not quite. We're still trying to get him to recognize when HE has to go....yeah. I could go on and on, but you probably don't want to hear every gross, potty training detail! :-) To sum it up, we're not potty trained yet, but we're getting there. Slowly.

The Parental Units: We got our new play structure yesterday, Nathan and Lynn rototilled our garden area this week, and Nathan dug a 3 ft hole in the backyard yesterday looking for a sprinkler problem. I have a new love, known as "Snickers 'Salad' " (the word "salad' is used loosely....really loosely). My second love? Couponing, and continuing to add to my 'couponing and deal-wheein' skills. I probably have been spending way too much time on that second one. Anyway, that about sums up our week. Sorry this is kind of a boring post!

6 comments:

Audra said...

I bet potty training is fun! That is awesome that Preston falls asleep so well, hopefully he stays that way! You'll have to teach me about coupons because I think I spend more when I use them!

Amy said...

Yeah for angel babies!
I'm so glad potty training is going well. That's what we've been doing all week too, and I think we've about got it down.
Ah, couponing. I think you're having a bad influence on me. Actually, I love it. Let's go again!
Snickers salad??? I must try this.

Will said...

No worries about the abundant urine everywhere-urine is sterile. No kidding! No bacteria (the other half of potty training is another story when it comes to bacteria. Like 30% of fecal matter is bacteria) but you can clean up the urine without worrying about contacting deadly diseases.

Nat said...

Oh the joys of potty training. I'll pray for you! :)

Barbara Sue said...

I just got caught up on your blog, and your boys are so cute! It was the first time I saw pictures of Preston, and he is adorable!!

Amy said...

Um, why no new posts??