Monday, October 19, 2009

Why 2 is better than 1. And other stories.

The other day I was in a hurry-as usual- and needed to get out the door to practice but only had a few minutes. In those few minutes, I needed to get dinner made. Meanwhile, Tanner was fussing that he wanted to watch a movie. And Preston was fussing because he was hungry. What's a girl to do?

[enter brilliant best-idea-ever]

1. Put movie on for Tanner.
2. Fix a bottle for Preston
3. Get Tanner situated on the couch, have him hold AND FEED Preston with the bottle.
4. Make dinner with nothing in the background but the sound of the movie.

It does not get any better than this my friends.

**********************************
Nathan fixed us grilled cheese and tomato soup for lunch, and he put Tanner's soup in one of those cups with a lid that you get in a kids' meal. Tanner got so excited (normally he doesn't like tomato soup, so I thought it was funny), so Nathan asked if he knew what was inside. Tanner excitedly told him, "Juice-pop! It's juice-pop Daddy!"
**********************************
I walked in to get Preston up the other day after his nap. I figured he was awake, but was still a little startled when I walked in and saw him standing on his pillow in his crib, holding onto the side of the crib, just laughing.....with no pants on. When I put him down for his nap, he was wearing some adorable little jeans. How he got them off, I don't know, but I must have laughed for 5 straight minutes, which only made pant-less Preston laugh. It is times like that which make me love my life!

***********************************

1 comment:

Hallway Express said...

What a wonderful post! Thanks for the update and glad things are getting done and going well. "Busy but fun" is our motto here as well :)