
Many of you have expressed concern over my lack of socialness lately, ie: not returning or answering phone calls, emails, any form of communication really. And for that, I do apologize. This past month has been an extremely trying month, and has forced our family to stand back and decide what our pritorities are, and what needs to go. As my friend Anna emphasized on her blog, and as Brother Orton explained in the March Ensign, our lives need balance, and we have come to realize that our families' lives are very much lacking any sense of balance.
It is for this reason that we have decided after many tears, prayers, breakdowns, frenzied days, and conversations with loved ones, that I will hang up my 'hat' as manager here, and for now, just wear a 'hat' (Ha! or apron) of nurturer/homemaker/etc. We will be leaving our mobile home management job in mid-April, and will be moving (again!) to Ogden, UT. Fortunately this move will only take us about an hour and ten minutes from where we are now. I say "fortunately" not because I consider Utah to be near and dear to my heart, but because long moves are a)expensive b)extrmely stressful c)expensive d)much more time consuming e)a bit more daunting and frightening and of course, f)very expensive!
I wanted to wait until I had finalized things with my boss before telling anyone this news, so that word was spread in the 'proper order' if you will. We are little bit overwhelmed at changing our circumstances so abrubtly, but we feel it is what is right for us at this time, and we are very excited to once again live near Nathan's brother David, his wife Alicia, and their two kids--one of whom is a little boy only three weeks older than Tanner. Tanner is VERY excited to have kids to play with other than just on Sundays at nursery. I personally am looking forward to having time to do things like go on a picnic or go play at the park when Nathan is home, instead of rushing around to places like Home Depot getting things for the Park. I am excited to be able to laugh and play with my little boy, instead of pushing him aside because he is in the way while I type up notices or newletters. It will be nice to actually clean my house and cook meals....and eat dinner before 8:30 at night! Growing up and especially in college I never wanted to be just a "stay at home mom," because I wanted so much more out of life. But as the scripture in the Bible say, there are different seasons that we go through in life, and maybe this just isn't my season for having a career. A part time job? Perhaps. We will see what comes our way. Thus ends my philosohpical ponderings blog post.
I know this isn't a very exciting post, partially due to the lack of pictures. Unforunately our camera battery charger is STILL missing, and so are: our cell phone car charger, Nathan's cell phone wall charger, and most recently, a book of duplicate checks (just the duplicates are left, the checks have all been used), which my boss just decided 3 days ago that she NEEDS. Wish she would have told me when I used up the checks TWO months ago and now am pulling my hair out wondering where this book of duplicate checks is!
I hope you all have a wonderful Easter weekend. We are looking forward to ours, and are even more excited for our new place, which we just found out we were approved for last night. Guess that is another reason I wanted to hold off on saying anything. We'll be in a delightful 3 bedroom 2 bath duplex, and, get this, we are moving in to a ward that has ANOTHER PILOT IN IT!!! I would be lying if I didn't say this was a factor in picking this place (not the SOLE factor though). Anyway, that is our news for now. I am healthy, Nathan is healthy, Tanner is healthy, and Nathan has the holiday weekend off. For now, life is not too bad.

This is a 4 generation picture that was taken at Grandpa Hall's 90th birthday. I went down there despite being sick, and ended up coming home with pinkeye! At any rate, it was fun to go down and see everyone, and hopefully I didn't contaminate anyone else!
9 comments:
Wow! That sounds like a very difficult decision to make! I hope everything goes well with the move and things. Good Luck!
Ha! I read your blog before you posted this one...I was thinking, "Where the heck is Bonnie?" I decided I was going to call you. Then, I checked my email...and low and behold, there was Bonnie Mae!! Yay, I was begining to think you were mad at me, or dead...but then I decided you have no reason to be mad at me, and if you were dead I hope Nathan would tell me. Love yOU! I am going to call you right now.
Good luck with your move!
Yay- you get to be a stay at home mommy! I'm jealous. Well good luck with everything- email me when you get a chance! Or I'll email you...which ever comes first.
I am very relieved for you..I think you will be very happy taking a break from the busy-ness of the world and you will so much more enjoy being a mom. I hope that you enjoy your new place..sounds awesome!
Wow, lots of changes but I am sure it will be so much better! Good luck in all you are doing.
I hate moving and don't envy you. We managed apartments when we were first married, and that is something we'll never do again. Congrats on moving on and being a SAHM!
Good luck with all the plans. It is probably such a relief to have the decision made and to have found the right place. I assume we will be missing you at Kayla's baptism :(
You are amazing, my little Bonnie Mae! I just love you! It looks like all the prayer were answered, and your answers recieved! I bet there is some relief in your life now. I really do love and miss you! I'll have to come and visit!
Post a Comment