
So, Tanner has never been a huge fan of vegetables. He went through a few weeks where he LOVED green beans, and he tolerated veggies alright as a baby, but other than that, he's not one that devours vegetables by the forkful.
Last night though, I fixed Tanner his dinner and then pulled out a Lean Cuisine for myself (these are basically the 'norm' for me if Nathan is out of town). I was really hungry, so I also pulled out a few leftovers from the fridge, one of which was a tupperware full of peas. Apparently Tanner thought that I was saving 'the good stuff' for myself, and he was not about to be left out. He went over and grabbed the tupperware full of (COLD!) peas, and tried opening it. I helped him open it, so he ran over and got a spoon....and proceeded to take a bite. The face he made was funny, but what was hilarious was that he continued and ate about half the peas that were in there! Then he went and played for a little bit, but came back after awhile so that he could eat some more peas.
We cook vegetables in every way we can think of, adding all different things, including butter and sometimes Velveeta cheese, and of all things, he goes for the cold peas. Go figure.
3 comments:
Ha ha--I love that he thinks you were holding out on him. Madelyn will sometimes eat frozen peas.
Bonnie- your little story on Stevie's blog was so funny! I laughed so hard. Thanks for sharing! What a great laugh!
It continues to be true... we all want what we can't have...or at least THINK we can't have...
Post a Comment