Friday, July 24, 2009

[Tanner] Says the Darndest Things!

Some glimpses into conversations in the Hall household this past week:

(Tanner comes running into the kitchen last night, where Nathan and I are fixing dinner. He is holding his shirt up, and pointing to one of his nipples).

Tanner: LOOK! Boo!

Nathan: A what?

Tanner: A boo! A boo!

Nathan: (looks at me) Really.

Tanner: Boo!

Nathan: BOOB?

Tanner: !! YES !!

Bonnie: Laughing hysterically.

This next one is from about an hour ago. Tanner was running around outside on our little concete slab. When I looked out, he was sitting on the ground, crying. I discoverd he'd scraped his foot, and I ran to go get some band aids. When I came back, it had started to bleed pretty good.

Me: Are you okay Tanner?

Tanner: (sobbing) Yes. It hurt!

Me: Yes, it looks like you scraped it pretty good.

Tanner: (looking at the blood....thinking...still crying). Look Mom. Jam!

Me: No Tan, that is not jam. It's called blood

Tanner: Not jam? Blood?

Me; yes, no jam.

..........so far today I've cleaned up puke, poop, and blood. When I was engaged to Nathan and even first married and envisioned how lovely life would be with a baby, such character building experiences did not cross my mind. :-) Guess what friends. I did post pictures (or even take any for that matter) of any of the above. I know you're thrilled. With the gross pics though, I did feel loved, since I got lots of comments. :-) I have a story from last week that needs posting, but both kids are on my lap, so I am off! Story will have to wait!

4 comments:

Em and Ms said...

Ha ha, such a funny kid. I love when they can actually tell you what they're thinking.

Audra said...

Kate calls hers Boo's too! Kids are so cute!

Chelsea Ellingson said...

That boob story made me laugh outloud, seriously! HILARIOUS! Once I accidentally said "sucks" in front of Chloe. She repeated it, and we casually told her not to say it again (as a reprimand would be invitation to say it all the time). Later she got in trouble for something and ran into the front living room where she exclaimed "Mommy SUCK!!" I lividly marched her up to her room, where she was wailing and shouting "No, Mommy, SUCK, SUCK!!" I huffed my way downstairs when I heard the garbage TRUCK leaving our circle and suddenly realized what Chloe was actually trying to tell me...

Nat said...

Ha ha ha! :)